Community Volunteering Day at York House Community Gardens
Sunday, March 24th – drop in from 10am to 2pm.
Would you like to get involved in our York House Community Gardening Day?
York House and Stony in Bloom volunteers will be coming together to continue transforming York House Community Gardens and we need your help!
Come at times that suit you between 10am and 2pm.
The November Volunteering Day achieved an astounding amount! Still left to do:
- Moving dead wood and brambles to the orchard end for adding to the dead hedge and another wildlife area.
- General tidy of the area by the path to allow a lovely woodland bed to be created.
- Digging out remaining compost from the old compost bins and adding to raised veg beds.
- Weeding gravel and flower beds
- Removing any bindweed and brambles that are emerging again.
- Repairing raised beds
Please bring gardening gloves, secateurs and any other cutting and sawing tools you may have.
Refreshments offered in the polytunnel again!
Help to make your community gardens the lovely haven you want it to be!
NB Access to Community Gardens now from right hand side of building while building work continues.
Judy Deveson and Alison Matthews. Email Judith.email@example.com or phone 07985671379 for any queries.